Immunity Boosting CBD Recipes
With the increase of confirmed cases of Coronavirus COVID-19, it is so important – now more than ever – to give our immune systems a little boost. While it is important to be prepared with nonperishables and a years worth supply of toilet paper ;), don’t forget to take care of yourself during this time. The stress and anxiety of this situation can cause significant damage to our immune systems alone. Get some exercise, eat healthy foods, sleep and de-stress! Below you will find two traditional immune boosting recipes that we added CBD honey to. We hope use these recipes to take care of yourself.
Be safe, wash your hands and stay healthy friends!
Hemp CBD Fire Cider
This recipe is for a single batch in a one quart jar. We used the basic ingredients and bonus ingredients in our batch. You can add whatever fresh herbs you have available to you.
- ½ cup grated Ginger Root
- ½ cup grated Horseradish Root
- ¼ cup grated Turmeric Root
- 1 medium Onion
- 10 crushed or chopped Cloves of Garlic
- 2 chopped Jalapeño Peppers
- 1 sliced Lemon
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary
- Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Ology Essentials’ Hemp CBD Honey
- Fire Cider Bonus Ingredients that can be added: Habanero Pepper, Thyme, Peppercorns, Cinnamon Sticks, Clove Buds, Oregano, Orange, Lime, Star Anise, Cumin Seeds, Ginseng
- Add all the prepared herbs, spices, veggies and so forth that you plan on putting in your Fire Cider into a clean quart sized glass jar and then top it off with Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Next use a clean utensil to release any air pockets in your jar and add more vinegar.
- Once you have it all in be sure to thoroughly clean and dry the mouth of the jar, apply lid and shake.
- Over the next 30 days shake your brew once per day and store it in a cool, dark space.
- After 30 days use a cheesecloth to strain all of your additives out of the infused vinegar.
- I store mine unsweetened in the refrigerator until I am ready to use it.
- To consume pour 1 to 3 Tablespoons of Fire Cider into a small glass or shot glass, stir about half as much honey into the mixture. You can adjust to being sweeter or less sweet as you get used to drinking Fire Cider.
- Store your Fire Cider and the refrigerator for up to one year.
Hemp CBD Elderberry Syrup
- 1 ½ cup dried Elderberries
- 6 ½ cups water
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 tsp Whole Cloves
- 1-2 inches of Fresh Ginger (Chopped)
- 1-2 inches of Fresh Turmeric (Chopped or grated)
- 1/2 Tbsp. Whole Peppercorns
- 1/4 cup dried, cut and sifted Hibiscus Flowers
- 1-2 6 oz jars Ology Essentials’ Hemp CBD Honey
- Pour everything but the honey into a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 30-45 minutes uncovered. Stir occasionally. As the berries soften up crush them against the side of the pan with a large spoon.
- Once liquid has reduced to about half remove from the pan from heat.
- Pour through a fine strainer into a glass, Pyrex or stainless steel bowl.
- Crush the rest of the berries in the strainer with the back of a spoon to remove all liquid. Clean strainer and run liquid back through fine strainer just to make sure you get all the solids out.
- While still the liquid is still warm, but not too hot add honey.
- Mix honey in thoroughly and store into a glass container. Use 6-12 ounces Ology Essentials CBD Honey depending on how sweet you want the finished product.
- Store finished Elderberry Hibiscus Syrup in your refrigerator. Can be taken daily or as needed. For kids give ½ tsp to 1 tsp. For adults ½ Tbsp to 1 Tbsp.
Advice is ever changing when it comes to the coronavirus. On March 3, 2020 the Cleveland Clinic posted, Should I take elderberry supplements to ward off flu, coronavirus?, in which there seemed to be no harm in taking elderbery syrup. However, new research shows that once you have coronavirus you should avoid NSAIDS, steriords, and elderberry due to the cytokine response. You can read more in the article, The coronavirus turns deadly when it leads to ‘cytokine storm’; identifying this immune response is key to patient’s survival report.