Does CBD Oil Work For Dogs?
The short answer…yes! But let us tell you how it works and why CBD oil can be a good option for your dog!
Did you know that humans are not the only living thing to have an Endocannabinoid System? Sorry to break it to you humans, but you aren’t that special!
Now you might be wondering…what exactly is the Endocannabinoid System? Well, we will tell ya!
Generally we are taught about 11 systems of the human body such as the digestive, nervous, circulatory systems, and so forth. But there is also another one called the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which has cannabinoid receptors. The ECS is a complex cell-signaling system that scientists discovered in the early 1990’s while researching THC.
While there is still much research to be had, scientists do know that the ECS plays a role in regulating a range of functions including mood, sleep, hormones, fertility, memory, energy, anxiety, immune response, appetite, pain and more.
The ECS is able to regulate body functions because of its three core components:
- Endocannabinoids – Endocannabinoids are endogenous lipid-based neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors and are produced naturally by the ECS.
- Cannabinoid Receptors – There are 2 types of cannabinoid receptors – CB1 and CB2 receptors, and they are found in the nervous system and around your body. Endocannabinoids and phytocannabinoids interact with these receptor sites to help promote homeostasis.
- Enzymes – These metabolic enzymes help break down endocannabinoids and cannabinoids after they have been used.
All animals have an Endocannabinoid System! Just like in humans, the ECS is responsible for maintaining homeostasis throughout the body’s nervous system, brain and other organs. And just like in humans, sometimes these systems get out of balance due to environmental stressors or internal factors. This is where CBD comes in to interact with the ECS and promote those positive changes your pet needs to get back to biological harmony!
CBD is commonly used to help with anxiety in dogs as it has a calming effect on their nervous system – helping to relax and put them at ease. CBD can be a good option for your anxious dog, but always make sure to check with your vet especially if your dog is on medication. CBD can affect how certain medications are metabolized.
*CBD works even faster for dogs when you apply it in their ears! For accurate dosing, please see “Ingestion Per Pound” on the Product Page.
Try Ology Essentials' Full Spectrum Pet CBD Oil
Enjoy 25% Off
Your First Purchase of our Full Spectrum Pet CBD Oil with coupon code
And since the Fourth of July is right around the corner, here are a few tips to keep your dog relaxed and at ease during firework season – from one anxious dog owner to another:
- This might seem obvious, but do not take them to a firework show.
- Exercise! Make sure your dog gets plenty of exercise that day – a tired dog is a happy dog!
- Set up a safe space with lots of blankets in a familiar place, whether that is in a kennel, on your bed, or wherever you will be – make it cozy!
- Keep your dog busy! Get them bones to chew on, create a little enrichment treat or spend some quality training time with them!
- Try CBD to help calm their nervous system!
There are no comments